So, have you been using Discord app for a long time? Are you up for learning some new tricks to show to your friends? Then, you have arrived at the perfect destination. Discord has been one of the globally trending apps between people of all ages and consists of many formatting tools that you may or may not be aware of. Hence, in this list, we will discuss how to strikethrough a text in the discord app. But, first, let’s know about some necessary details.
Introduction to Discord
Discord is a proprietary freeware VoIP application that has been specially designed for gamers and educationists to communicate with each other freely. Unlike other apps, this app can be used to communicate with one another in real-time. This means that you can easily send your chat partner texts, images, videos, and audio files. You can also join open groups and chat with one or more gamers at a given time.
Importance of Strikethrough in Discord
A strikethrough is mostly used when the author wants the words deleted and replaced with a more polite version. However, in cases of modern-social contexts, discord strikethrough may also mean that the user is using the word with greater emphasis or irony. Other conventional ideas include their usage as a primary copy editing symbol, which thereby reflects the changes that are needed to be done. Although learning the basics of different formatting styles may seem old school to you, it can help you save from many face-palm moments.
How to Use a Strikethrough in Discord?
So, if you want to learn how to do a strikethrough in discord, then be sure to follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Before you type out your text, you need to know which key gives you the strikethrough effect. This is the ‘~’ key, which is generally located on the left side of your keyboard.
- For a ‘~,’ you will need to click simultaneously on the ‘SHIFT’ key + ‘~’ key.
- Next, if you want to strikethrough a text, you will have to put two ‘~’ before and after the text. This will strikethrough the whole text or some words you have kept between them.
- For example, you will have to type- ‘
- You can also try using the context menu in case you are using the browser version of the app.
Apart from strikethrough, you can also find various other styles to experiment while chatting with your gaming partners. These include the Bolds, Underline, Italics, Highlighter, etc. All of these styling ideas have their own sets of key combination tricks or can also be done through the context menu. However, understand the importance of each formatting styles like that of discord strikethrough. This can help avoid confusion or misunderstanding amongst your peers and thus help in expressing your ideas better. Moreover, the platform also lets you combine different formatting styles as one and speak in a unique way in your chats and messages.